Miami Drug Crime Attorney
Powerful Defense for Drug Crimes Cases
Arrested for a drug crime? The legal team at Hager & Schwartz, P.A. is here to help. With more than 50 years of legal experience behind us, we are confident in our ability to create an aggressive defense for you. Our goal is simple: to fight for your freedom and protect your future. As former prosecutors, we know how both sides of the courtroom think. Not only are we experienced in various drug crime defense strategies, but prosecution techniques as well. Let us put this knowledge to work for you!
More Reasons to Hire Our Law Firm
- We always put the best interest of the client first
- More than five decades of legal experience
- Former state prosecutors
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Free initial case evaluations
Arrested? Here's what to do next.
Contact an attorney immediately following your arrest. If you are facing allegations of a serious crime, such as drug trafficking or cultivation, your future and your freedom are on the line. Don't place your well-being at further risk by postponing your initial consultation with a Miami drug crime defense lawyer from Hager & Schwartz, P.A.
Why You Need a Lawyer Now
Finding the right lawyer is important after any criminal arrest, especially after one that involves a drug crime. Drug cases typically involve important decisions that need to be made quickly, such as the defendant's involvement with the police, etc. Without proper guidance from a drug crime defense lawyer, you could place your case in unnecessary danger of failure.
Some of these important issues include:
- Will you cooperate with police for questioning?
- Will you take law enforcement's offer to be a cooperating witness for the government?
- Will you negotiate for a plea deal or seek an alternative solution?
- Will you make a statement to police?
The key to a successful drug crime defense is early involvement. Do not hesitate to speak with a member of our firm today. We are available to discuss your case at any time - days, nights, and weekends – so call our office now.
Gathering Evidence & Creating Your Case
Creating an effective criminal defense isn't easy. In fact, drug crimes can involve some of the most complex criminal procedures in criminal law. When you work with our Miami drug crime defense lawyers, we will work tirelessly to understand every facet of your case.
This might include:
- Reviewing the arrest warrant. Did law enforcement follow legal procedures? Did police violate your rights in any way during the arrest?
- Reviewing any of your statements to police. Did you, in any way, imply guilt or make a confession? Did you cooperate with police?
- Investigate codefendants, if applicable. Are there any codefendants in the case? Did they assume liability for ownership of the drugs?
- Reviewing the specific drugs involved. Were the drugs field tested by law enforcement for authenticity? What are the penalties for this type of drug?
We approach every case as if it will go to trial. Although many criminal case are resolved before a jury sees them, we prepare each of our cases with the highest level of detail. This level of pre-trial preparation is what gives us the upper hand in court and the confidence to defend even the most complicated drug crime cases.
Contact our Miami Drug Crime Lawyers Today
If you were arrested for a drug-related crime in Miami, you need the skilled legal guidance of our law firm. At Hager & Schwartz, P.A., we know how frightening and frustrating it is to face a criminal accusation. Together, we can create a powerful defense for your case.
Call our office today for a free, no-obligation case consultation.